`Not Guilty` Says Connecticut Man Charged With Haiti Sex Abuse

admin

CaribWorldNews, NEW HAVEN, CT, Fri. Oct. 9, 2009: A Connecticut-born man, accused of sexually abusing nine boys at a school he founded in Haiti says he`s not-guilty.

Douglas Perlitz entered the not guilty plea Thursday during a court appearance. Perlitz, 39, is charged with traveling outside of the United States with the intent to engage in sexual conduct with minors and with engaging in sexual conduct in foreign places with minors.

Each count in the indictment carries up to 30 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Prosecutors claim he enticed young boys at the Project Pierre Toussaint school in Cap-Haitien he founded, into performing sex acts in exchange for food, shelter, cash, cell phones, electronics, shoes and clothing.

Perlitz is set to re-appear at a hearing on Oct. 19 which will determine whether he should be released on bond. He will continue to be detained at the Wyatt Detention Center in Central Falls, R.I.

Perlitz was arrested at his home in Eagle, Colorado last month.

 

Next Post

Sovereignty And The Turks and Caicos Islands

By David Jessop CaribWorldNews, LONDON, England, Tues. Oct. 13, 2009: For the most part, the sovereign nations of the Caribbean tend to look past their near neighbours in the non-independent Caribbean. Occasionally an issue arises, such as the recent decision by Britain to take direct control over the Turks and […]