CaribPR Wire, MIAMI, FL, WEds. Sept. 7, 2011: As of today, RIM is launching BlackBerry® App World™ 3.0 for BlackBerry smartphone users worldwide. The newest version of the storefront makes discovering and downloading apps, games, and themes easier than ever. Users can now even better personalize their BlackBerry smartphone, find the latest games as well as entertainment applications and get solutions to stay connected with the people who matter. BlackBerry App World is a strong app ecosystem with over 3 million daily downloads and over 35,000 applications available in more than 100 countries around the world. The update for users will be made available seamlessly with a notification star on the device screen.
New features include:
- Sleek New Design – The BlackBerry App World experience has been enhanced to help users discover the latest and greatest apps and content, starting right on the BlackBerry App World home screen where rotating spotlight banners show off all that’s new and exciting.
- New Channels – Apps, Games, and Themes now have their own channels so users can get to what they want even faster.
- Introduction of My Account – My Account makes managing BBID and payment options easy with direct access to all account information from the home screen.
- New My World Features – My World gives users a streamlined view of their apps and status, and now at a glance, in addition to seeing which apps are installed and uninstalled, users can manage subscription content and services. When new updates or subscription renewals are available for apps, users will be notified using push technology.
- App Social Sharing – when users find an app they don´t want to miss out on, they can share it directly from the app details screen through BBM, Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS
- Evolved App Details Screen – At a glance, users can get a quick summary, check out reviews and star ratings, take a look at screen shots, and more
- More Search Options – Quickly find apps with a Search Bar now appearing on the storefront home screen and search results are presented across Channels as well as My World. Search Bars are also within each Channel and users have the ability to filter by App Name, Price, Rating, Newest, Best Match, or Popular
- For more information and to download the new version, please visit www.blackberry.com/appworld